September 17, 2010

Mike Mo

before we get this started... if you're in seattle tonight go check out the Think Thank premier at the king cat theater. find all the info over at the Think Thank site. www.thinkthank.com
yesterday you heard from Hupp... now for the other half of the story. Mike Mo got these answers back to us in record time, so we can wrap up this bear cub week with this interview.


keep an eye on bear cubs and club boya.


http://www.bearcubbin.blogspot.com/
http://www.clubboya.blogspot.com/







full name. first, middle, last... go.

Michael Morgan

you film right? what kind of equipment is making it happen?

yeah, right now i'm using a panasonic hpx 170

where did the idea of Bear Cubs come from?

sitting on a chairlift making fun of blog names

heard you're over Bear Cubs. true?... why?

not completely over it, I was just never into the name after it caught on, it was just supposed to be a joke, then I went to hood and for the first month I didn't have a good internet connection so I just didn't post anything. After hood I moved to slc and decided to make a house blog clubboya.blogspot.com

what made you and Hupp start Bear Cubbin?

we would just always make videos and we wanted somewhere to post them other than myspace etc.

where you at these days? why there?

I live in SLC now, I'd been living in Alaska for almost 10 years and it was time to move, its isolated and expensive to travel out of. I don't like mountain towns, salt lake is good because its still a city and the mountains are close, I also feel like its a good spot to be if you want to film snowboarding.


if you could be responsible for single handedly filming any one snowboard video part in history, which one would it be?

I'm not really sure about one single part, but I don't think I would be filming if it wasn't for the Neoproto and kidsknow videos.

what made you migrate to Mt.Hood this summer?

The summer before I worked six days a week driving a flat bed truck, and this summer I just wanted to be able to keep filming.

what was good and what was bad about this endless winter you guys spent in the mountains?

The good part was getting to meet a bunch of new people and getting to keep filming, the bad part being in cold weather for the summer.

what motivates you as a filmer these days?

Just trying to film shots the way that they should be filmed, seeing new people come up, going to new places.





check out this video at about the 2:35 mark. golden.

moose knuckles and FFC's from Michael Morgan on Vimeo.

Blog Archive