December 04, 2013

RAT WEEK with C-Mac

RAT WEEK with C-Mac... @CoreyMcDonald


Photo: Tom Uecker


DWD - How did you find snowboarding? And how has it kept you under it's spell?

CM - In 5th grade my dad bought my brothers and I (there are 7 Mac bros.) a Skeeter snowboard thing it was closer to a snowskate. I ended up using it more than my bros. in the hills where I grew up. After that year (86’) I would spend my winters on that thing and dreaming of real snowboarding but it wasn’t till 4 years later till I could get on a real board. been trying to figure them out ever since.


DWD - Drop some knowledge on these youngin's who don't know... What is the CDI memorial?

CM - CDI is a ¼ pipe memorial for my best friend Carson David Ianson. It’s a late season (early June) Snowboard “comp.” camp out in the mountains of Idaho. Me and a group of friends shape a QP and set up rails and jibs and get rad. this year will be the 12th year we have done the event. It’s a pretty magical time for sure.


DWD - Since you were first introduced to snowboarding and then being a sponsored rider, then building parks, and being the man on hill at HCSC in the summers... you've seen a lot in this industry from a few different angles. What do you think has changed in snowboarding for the better?

CM - More rider owned companies! Snowboarders starting companies and making them successful is huge and betters the industry for sure and more so kids supporting those companies makes it thrive. I have never been so proud to ride a brand as I have DWD what you guys stand for and promote is in my mind everything “better” about the snowboard world. I also feel like kids are finally respecting the history of snowboarding and genuinely proud of it. Pat And T-bird at Snowboarder are really doing a great job helping keep the history in kids thoughts and I think that’s huge in making snowboarding better as a whole.


DWD - We've been seein' a lot of photos of you on snow early this season... and a couple action shots. Are the rumors true?... full part in the works?

CM - Yeah I have been trying to get out as much as possible early this year. I have been wanting to document a few things for a while now but my travel schedule never worked in my favor. I am doing my best to be around more this winter and trying to tag along with Philip (Damianakes) and AJ (Ogden) to see if I can get some clips. Stoked going out with Phil he is getting good behind the camera and still kills it on his board his encouragement has been awesome! I am no spring rat so I figure now is the time.

Follow @CoreyMcDonald on Instagram

Blog Archive