November 18, 2015

Some more inspiration for your #DWDxUSO drawing contest entry!  @JesseRobinsonWilliams has been quietly blowing your minds with the Kwon graphics for years!  Read how he got his start and how he blends his art with snowboarding. DWD - Let's start with telling 'em which DWD graphics you've done and do you have a favourite out of those? JRW - I’ve done the graphics for the past 4 Kwon boards, the Brat from 14/15 as well as 2 boards for 16/17 season... My Favourite graphic is probably the VW van from 2013, but they've all been a lot of fun to work on. DWD - I think people might be surprised to know that one person did all of those.  They're all pretty different from each other.  Do you have a medium or style that you prefer to work in? JRW - Yeah, The art styles have definitely changed from season to season. The first 2 Kwon boards I worked on had pretty humorous graphics... things started to get a bit darker going into the 3rd board. A lot of the graphic design direction for those boards comes from Jeff, I try my best to match the artwork to his vision each year. DWD - Which came first... the brush/pencil or the board? JRW - I’ve been drawing and painting my whole life, but I think being on the board really helped me focus all that random creativity into something that I could directly relate to. DWD - Was there anything or anyone particular that got you in to each?  and at what point were you able to combine the two? JRW - My parents were super supportive of my random doodles and messy paintings when I was young, I think that helped me to pursue art into my teens. I started snowboarding up Mt. Seymour when I was 13. working at a few different snowboard shops through high school allowed me to make some connections with sales reps and other artists that were contributing to the local snowboard scene. It wasn't until I was in my 2nd year of art school that the two worlds really combined and I was able to apply my art to real products. Shortly after that I started working with you guys :) DWD - Where can people find more of you work? JRW - My website has been "under construction" for years... www.jessewilliams.ca Check @jesserobinsonwilliams for more


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1MnQUVu

Blog Archive